HELP! I'M FALLING APART!
By Tedd Arnold.
"Help! I'm falling apart!" was first published in 1997 by penguin books Australia.
Originally I picked up this book because of the intersting title and terrific graphics. Later i chose this book for the book report because it is simple to understand and very entertaining. It is also very appealing because of the clever use of words, in short they rhyme.
This book about about a small boy who is of five years of age. He notices small things about himself, such as belly button lint, wobbly teeth, skin peeling from his toes. He comes to the conclusion that the glue that holds him together isn't holding him. Finally his parents tell him that all of the things happening to him are normal.
I really enjoyed the rhyming in this book, it makes it fun to read aloud, I think the author chose to make the book ryhme beacause it helps you remeber the story. I think that the ideas and concepts of this book are genious, who knows to a 5 year old all those things could mean that they are falling apart. I'm glad the author did it from a child's perspective because it makes it easier to relate to the book. I also think that book finishes really smoothly and with a comical note. The author did a terrific job.
The only thing i didn't like about this book was that it had an end. Even though it finishes with a joke, it made me sad that that it had finished.
I would defentily recommened this book to anybody of any age.
By Maddie Fyffe.
Saturday, 10 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SOUNDS AWESOME!!!
love you maddie
Post a Comment